Saturday, September 18, 2010

OSU Football

I have now participated in the most unifying experience of central Ohio, an OSU football game at the Horseshoe. The spectacle of Big Ten football is like nothing I had ever seen before. There were different chants for 3rd downs, kick returns, touchdowns, and probably more. The game wasn't very interesting because it was OSU v. Ohio U. It was a total blow out with a final score of 43 to 7. Sam and I didn't stay to the end of the 3rd quarter.

I enjoyed the half time show the best. Both school's marching bands were very good. I don't really know what songs they played; it didn't matter.
This just doesn't work for some states. OU marching band
OSU's band did a cartoon theme and played a medley of cartoon theme songs while making the shape of the characters. They did some very complicated marching, but all the moving around muddled the music.
Homer Simpson
Fred Flintstone
Sam and I had ridden our bikes to the game from his grandmother's house. We took the opportunity to ride along the Olentangy River trail near OSU campus. It is a really nice trail and I might even want to ride it again because it goes all the way to downtown.
We both got sunburned and I really was in the sun too long. It took me awhile to recover from sitting in the direct sun for that long. We recharged at the Rusty Bucket pub with beers and margaritas. It was a really fun day, but I don't know if I would ever purchase tickets to an OSU game. Well, I would probably just want to see them play a more equal team.

No comments:

Post a Comment