Tuesday, January 3, 2012

California Christmas: Day 4

Christmas Day finally arrived!! Sam and I were so busy before we left that we decided to skip our usual stocking stuffers. Sam already gave me my present (a trip to California) and I wasn't about the bring his with us to California (a 6 qt enameled cast iron dutch oven). We weren't feeling very Christmas-y at home, so it was great to have a tree with presents under it to open.

In the morning we went to church, where people who I hadn't seen in years cooed over Inga. She had a major blowout in the middle of the service. Sam had to do some major damage control in the bathroom. As a result, I have no pictures of her in the cute dress. However, her Christmas sleep n' play matched my outfit better.

We opened presents during Inga's nap because I was tired of waiting. It was nothing like the Wiley present opening affair with rugrats running everywhere and wrapping paper flying across the room. Sam was a little out of his element in such a quiet, orderly environment. Inga opened her presents and stocking when she woke up from her nap. We took pictures of that.
Grandma Lindstrom made Inga a stocking
Learning to rip paper!
All smiles on Christmas day
Uncle Morgan is still getting used to babies (but Inga already thinks he's great).

For Christmas dinner, we had a few more guests. My Uncle Richard, Aunt Ofa, and cousin Aaron drove up from Bakersfield to meet Inga. My mom's cousin, John, stopped by after dinner as well. The additional people and hubbub was more to Sam's liking. I'll admit I have gotten used to the large family dinner and wasn't used to how quiet my family is in comparison.
The "kids" (and Sam's the big brother :)
Great Aunt Ofa and Inga
Inga was a bit too squirmy for Aaron, but I managed a decent photo.

And, finally, we had the perfect Christmas weather: 70˚ and sunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment