Sunday, January 22, 2012

California Christmas: Day 9

Our last full day in California, Sam got to do something he's always talking about: deep sea fishing. He and my brother went on a fishing trip to the Farallon Islands where they caught rockfish and dungeness crab. This year's crab fishing was apparently amazing and they came back with 6 crab each! It was a very long day for them, but I think they had a lot of fun.
Showing off his catch (not quite as impressive as king, but not as dangerous either)
I stayed home with Inga and the grandparents. My dad and I went shooting in the morning, which was a lot of fun. I hadn't been shooting in a long time. I didn't do too bad at 100 yards with a .22 long.

The next morning we left for the airport super early (4am). It was a long day of traveling, but Inga was a seasoned pro by this point and charmed all the grandmas at the airports. She even slept for most of the long flight from Las Vegas to Columbus. It took her a few days to get back on Ohio schedule, but she did great flying. Of course, Ohio greeted us with snow. Oh well, I got my sunny winter vacation, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment